Floating candles are a beautiful and unique addition to any home décor. They can be used as a centerpiece for a dinner party or as a simple decoration to add a touch of elegance to any room. Making your own floating candles is easy to do with a candle-making kit, and the results are sure to impress.
What You’ll Need
To make your own floating candles, you’ll need the following supplies:
– A candle-making kit
– A glass jar or vase
– A small amount of water
– A heat-resistant surface
Step 1: Choose Your Jar or Vase
The first step is to choose the vessel in which your candle will float. A clear glass jar or vase is ideal, as it will allow the light of the candle to shine through and create a beautiful effect. If you’re using a colored jar or vase, consider choosing a wax color that will complement the hue of the glass.
Step 2: Melt the Wax
Once you’ve selected your jar or vase, it’s time to melt the wax. Most candle-making kits will come with instructions on how to do this, but generally, you’ll need to place the wax pellets in a double boiler and heat them until they’re melted. Once the wax is melted, carefully pour it into your chosen vessel.
Step 3: Add the Wicks
Next, it’s time to add the wicks. The wicks should be placed in the center of the jar or vase, making sure that they’re evenly spaced apart. Once they’re in place, use a chopstick or skewer to gently press them into the wax so that they stand upright.
Step 4: Add Water and Freeze
Now it’s time for the magic trick! Carefully pour enough water into the vessel so that it covers the wicks by about an inch. Then, place the vessel in the freezer and let it sit for several hours until the wax is completely solidified.
Step 5: Trim the Wicks and Light Your Candle!
Once your candle is frozen, remove it from the freezer and trim the wicks so that they’re about ¼ inch above the surface of the wax. Now light your candle and enjoy its relaxing glow!
Making your own floating candles is easy to do with a candle-making kit, and the results are sure to impress. By following these simple steps, you can create beautiful candles that are perfect for any occasion!
- Start by gathering your supplies. You will need a candle-making kit, wax, wicks, and a mold. If you don’t have a candle-making kit, you can find one at your local craft store.
- Melt the wax in a double boiler or in the microwave. If you are using the microwave, be sure to use a glass bowl and heat the wax in short bursts, stirring frequently.
- Once the wax is melted, add the color and scent of your choice. Stir well to combine.
- Dip the wicks into the wax and then place them into the mold. Make sure they are centered and evenly spaced.
- Pour the wax into the mold, being careful not to pour it too close to the wicks. Fill the mold to just below the rim.